Save your "sorry. I don't need are anymore apologies

Last night, I watched for the second time the Tyler Perry movie "For colored girls" starring some of my favorite African-American actresses : Kimberly Elise, Kerry Washington, Phylicia Rashad, Anika Noni Rose etc...



The quote I love the most, is the one from Jo (Joanne Bradmore) played by an astonishing Janet Jackson.


Save your "sorry.

" One thing I don't need are anymore apologies.
 I got sorry greeting me at the front door. 
You can keep yours. 
I don't know what to do with them... 
I can't even... 
I have to throw some away. 
I can't even get to the clothes in my closet for all the sorries. I
'm not even sorry about you being sorry. 


Here is an extract from: for colored girls who have considered suicide/when the rainbow is enuf, the original play from which the movie was adapted,  


“one thing I don’t need

is any more apologies
i got sorry greetin me at my front door
you can keep yrs
i don’t know what to do wit em
they don’t open doors
or bring the sun back
they don’t make me happy
or get a mornin paper
didn’t nobody stop usin my tears to wash cars
cuz a sorry.” 


Ntozake Shange





Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

There are things we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Jennifer "JJ" Jareau