Thanks to @titaleslie for the infographic depicting
the 2011 Cameroonian presidential run-off.
Numbers in a nutshell to set the scene
- 23 candidates were contending for the top spot, 10 of whom had run in previous elections
- Almost 7,5 million people were registered to vote
- Only less than 5 million people actually voted
As for the campaign budgets:
- incumbent President Paul Biya'a Bi Mvondo was largely ahead of the others with nearly 3 Billion CFA francs,
- Ni John Fru Ndi of the Social Democratic Front spent 600 million CFA,
- SDF spinoff Ms Edith Kahbang Walla (Kah Walla) was able to raise - quite surprisingly - 300 million despite her newcomer and outsider status.
As for the results, you know the drill : Paul Biya was reelected with ~78% of the votes. One must note that the Septentrion, the Northwest & Southwest did honorable scores through their respective candidates, who arrive first in their native region' polls.
Thanks to @titaleslie and to all the people who made the election so lively through their comments on twitter special canal #cmr11.
Infographic source: Leslie Tita's Tumblr